How much does Ask the Expert cost?

This service connects you with one of our professionals for only $25 per question. You will be allowed up to 2 follow-up questions.

What will appear on my credit card?

The charge will appear as “ASHA” on your credit card statement.

How will I be identified with my question?

Your name or email address will not appear with your question and any follow up questions.

Will others be able to see my question and answers?

Yes, once the expert has answered your question(s) the question will be visible to others. Remember to NOT include identifying information about you or your partner(s).

How will I know when my question has been answered?

An email will be sent to you letting you know to log in.

What type of experts do you use?

ASHA recruits true experts in their field such as MDs, nurse practitioners, therapists, and others who are clearly experts in the field.

How do I ask my question?

Go to the Ask a Question page on our online store to purchase a question. Once that is done, you can post a question to our online system. We will then respond to you no later than 48 hours, but usually within 12 hours. You can then engage in a discussion with our assigned team member and get your question answered.

Initial questions must be no longer than 1,500 characters, including spaces (about 300 words) and must be posted in the initial space provided. Longer questions that exceed the automatic limit or that are continued in a second comment window will be deleted without reply.

You will have two weeks to submit your follow-up questions, at which point the thread will be closed. Please contact us if your thread was closed before you were able to ask your remaining question(s).

What types of questions may I ask?

Ask whatever you want to know but know that our experts can’t give you direct medical advice. For that you will need to go to your healthcare provider.

Note: Each user is limited to two questions in any 6 month period. This policy assures that the forum will not be dominated by relatively few users, and is also intended to limit anxiety related questions with little educational value. Third and subsequent questions, and repetitive questions that in the opinion of the moderators are driven by anxiety or have obvious answers, will be deleted without reply and without refund of the posting fee.

Can I give personal information?

We highly recommend not putting information either in your screen name or in your questions that will identify you to others. We highly recommend not putting information either in your screen name or in your questions that will identify you to others.  If you disregard this warning and post personal or confidential information to include your user name (yours or others) on the ASHA website and then request to have it removed, there will be a fee of $25 to remove each posting. (See next question for more).

Can I delete my question?

There is a $25 removal fee to have your questions removed. The removal fee can be paid here.

Can I post pictures?

Many times people want to send pictures of rashes or other issues. The experts are not allowed, however, to respond in any way to a photo or link to a photo. If you have questions feel free to contact ASHA at ashacustomerservices@ashasexualhealth.org.

What if I want to contact ASHA?

Feel free to email us at ashacustomerservice@ashasexualhealth.org. We’ll answer as soon as possible during the week between 8am—5pm ET, excluding holidays.