Thank you. BUT, I have ONLY tested out to SEVEN
weeks and I fear that somehow HIV-2 may not have been detected or somehow all of my tests are showing falsely negative even in setting of symptoms.
1)If i went to see an ID doctor, what more would they do at this point?(9 wks post exposure) continue to test?
2)I know you have discounted HIV-2 as remote, but what is the CDC advise on testing for HIV-2? I am assuming the 4th generation 6 week number is ONLY valid for HIV-1? Do you in fact HAVE to wait for 90 days or longer, or what TRULY is the answer?
3)You mentioned HIV tests are always positive with symptoms or shortly after, but would it be more conceivable that the antibody would be more detectable after you have gotten better because there are more antibodies to right off pathogen? Mine have subsided somewhat at the nine week mark now(been having since day 10)
4)Do you agree in every case that symptoms dont matter and test results rule every time( regarding my timeframe)?
5)I feel guilt not telling my wife I have concerns, but I dont want to open Pandoras box if not needed. Do you feel its safe to have sex, is there a reason from me to have her tested to be sure? (She has vague symptoms of fever, night sweat, and I want to make sure(from me) she is not as risk since we did have sex 6 weeks ago)
6)Is HIV of any type typically easy to diagnose if you are looking for and having/had recent symptoms/tests?
7) How likely is the duo test i had out to SEVEN weeks likely to change for HIV-1 or HIV-2?
8)I am mainly concerned about HIV-2 mainly because HIV-1 has been pretty much ruled out from what I am told. I just want to be totally confident that I am HIV free of type 1 or2. I have had HIV-2 PCR but there is no good clinical data on it that I have come across.
9) how can i be totally sure I am not infected with HIV of ANY TYPE 1 or 2, am not a risk to my wife, or do not need to continue to test in the event I am in a window period of some sort still for it.
I know you haven't had anyone here test positive, but IF you have ANY reservations or otherwise AND please be blunt, or advise more tests, I will take your recommendations. Especially for HIV-2.
I know this sounds unrealistic, but I cannot shake the fact that possible for HIV-2, I am in that GREY area of testing, and may need to test longer. Whatever I need to do I will do to make sure I have exhausted all means of testing to confirm or deny the presence of this disease.